Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jan. 31

Sunday morning we went to church out in the small village of Perado. My dad was the guest speaker and Sarah and my dad sang ‘God is so good’ as a special.

After church, we went to a public beach and ate red snapper and lobster. After we got back to Tina’s house, Sarah and I took a nice long nap before heading back to church to show the JESUS film.

This time we borrowed equipment that we knew would work. We estimated around 1,000 people showed up to watch the movie. It started to rain a couple of times, but God put a stop to it. There was no room inside the church and many people were crowed around the outside trying to look in at the screen. Sarah and I sat in the Land Cruiser and just watched the people and listened to the movie.

This was also my first wedding anniversary. I spent it alone – without my husband. I was sad, but not upset. I knew that God had called me to be in Haiti when they needed help the most – even if that meant not being with my husband on what I used to think was a super important day.

Rick, Joe (Sarah’s husband) and Michael (Rick’s cousin) were on there way to join us in Haiti. They spent the night in the DR.

No comments:

Post a Comment